A new music, poetry & dance
concept / compositions
by Cliff Crego
Music? The one thing humans
do that makes the rest of
Composer, (former) conductor,
writer & photographer, Cliff Crego
| podcast | soundcloud |
MARCH 2018 feature: Intro: OCTET NO. 4 CHAMBER CONCERTO:
for violin solo The most recent piece in the Circle/Square OCTET PROJECT |
intro without nested MP3s [loads faster] | pdf (48 pages: 759 K) mp3 (4.2 Mb)
[DOWNLOAD to DISK: Windows = right click; Mac = option + click] |
OCTET NO. 4 CHAMBER CONCERTO:
for violin solo
[opens in new window]
NEW ON soundcloud . . .
The only URL you'll need
for quick & easy downloads
of any of the scores
and recordings featured
on Cliff Crego's
A somewhat surreal musical meditation on North American gun violence, and the cultural insanity of hired-gun, corrupt politicians, people for whom Money & Power count for more than the lives of their own Children & excellence in Education. "Pure insanity...." indeed.
Special thanks to my friend, new music Australian trombone virtuoso, Simone de HAAN. His sound and incredible musicianship was, as always, the inspiration for this little occasional project...
IMAGE: Buddhist Prayer Flags, Montana Blue Sky, EWAM, Arlee, MONTANA, USA
The Circle/Square collections . . .
- New Music for PERCUSSION pieces for percussion ensembles, duo, solo, etc.
- New Music for OCTET a series of 12 new virtuoso concert pieces for flute (piccolo),
oboe, B-flat clarinet, F horn, C trumpet, tenorbass trombone, & contrabass:
Pieces for strings . . .
Music for Young Performers 8 pieces
for pianosolo; 2 for violin and piano
a selection: The Little Fox; The Pear-shaped Lute; Times Four; Old Joe; Mist on Snowy Mountain; ...Away...; Light on Quiet Water; The Circle in the Square; arrangements:
Wondrous Love; The Tenpenny Bit, etc.
- The Trillium Collection a set of six compositions based on traditional
celtic fiddle tunes for string trio (versions for violin, viola an 'cello and two violins
and viola) for young performers [scores and parts of both versions available as PDFs]
- Music for Voice pieces for voice and instrumental ensemble
- Pieces for small orchestra pieces for chamber orchestra
(1) Schlieren for 21 instruments; (2) Pharos: Two Pieces for the ASKO Ensemble,
for 14 solo instruments
- The Magic Box pieces for vibraphone & marimba
(1) The Magic Box for vibraphone and marimba; (2) An Invention in Two Voices
for vibraphone and marimba; (3) Moonstone for viberaphone solo; (4) Nightphantom
for marimba solo
- New Music for VIOLA for solo viola, duo, quartet & ensemble
- The Fireweed Collection pieces for harp solo & harp with ensemble
with small combinations of voice and other instruments
- NEW: Soundpoems
- The Star Cycle: pieces for solo instruments pieces which explore in sustained and
serious way the limits of the possible, for virtuoso NEW MUSIC specialists . . .
(1) Sirrah, for horn solo; (2) Bright Star I and II for trumpet solo;
(3) Ori, for oboe solo; (4) 4-page Sonata for piano solo; (5) m, for solo violin
(6) Cih—for flute solo; (7) Spica, for percussion solo; (8) m4, for cello solo:
(9) Regulus regulus, for piccolo solo; (10) Mira, for harp solo
(11) Mintaka,for percussion solo (7 drums); (12) m4, for bass clarinet
ESSAYS ON THE Philosophy of NEW MUSIC, performance practice,
composition, natural sound, etc., a selection...
Featured gallery, 100 MINIATURES, a set of 100 b & w photographs
with 100 sayings in prose, many concerning a new philosophy of Music & the Arts . . .
"ONE Image, One idea, ONE new way of looking"
| About Cliff Crego | for recordings, go to Circle/Square: Recordings |
| Other websites by Cliff Crego: picture-poems.com | The Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke | Dutch Poetry: *r2c* |
Look for new additions every month or so.
Created and maintained in the Wallowas, Northeast Oregon, USA.
(First posted: IV.4.1999; Last update III.29.2018
Questions regarding performance materials to email@example.com
Questions regarding commisioning of new pieces to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also write Cliff directly at
Copyrigh © 1998 - 2018 Cliff Crego All Rights Reserved