A new music, poetry & dance
concept / compositions
by Cliff Crego
Music? The one thing humans
do that makes the rest of
Composer, (former) conductor,
writer & photographer, Cliff Crego
| podcast | soundcloud |
JANUARY 2019 feature: Intro: OCTET NO. 4 CHAMBER CONCERTO:
for violin solo The most recent piece in the Circle/Square OCTET PROJECT |
intro without nested MP3s [loads faster] | pdf (48 pages: 759 K) mp3 (4.2 Mb)
[DOWNLOAD to DISK: Windows = right click; Mac = option + click] |
OCTET NO. 4 CHAMBER CONCERTO:
for violin solo
[opens in new window]
NEW ON soundcloud . . .
The only URL you'll need
for quick & easy downloads
of any of the scores
and recordings featured
on Cliff Crego's
The Circle/Square collections . . .
- New Music for PERCUSSION pieces for percussion ensembles, duo, solo, etc.
- New Music for OCTET a series of 12 new virtuoso concert pieces for flute (piccolo),
oboe, B-flat clarinet, F horn, C trumpet, tenorbass trombone, & contrabass:
Pieces for strings . . .
Music for Young Performers 8 pieces
for pianosolo; 2 for violin and piano
a selection: The Little Fox; The Pear-shaped Lute; Times Four; Old Joe; Mist on Snowy Mountain; ...Away...; Light on Quiet Water; The Circle in the Square; arrangements:
Wondrous Love; The Tenpenny Bit, etc.
- The Trillium Collection a set of six compositions based on traditional
celtic fiddle tunes for string trio (versions for violin, viola an 'cello and two violins
and viola) for young performers [scores and parts of both versions available as PDFs]
- Music for Voice pieces for voice and instrumental ensemble
- Pieces for small orchestra pieces for chamber orchestra
(1) Schlieren for 21 instruments; (2) Pharos: Two Pieces for the ASKO Ensemble,
for 14 solo instruments
- The Magic Box pieces for vibraphone & marimba
(1) The Magic Box for vibraphone and marimba; (2) An Invention in Two Voices
for vibraphone and marimba; (3) Moonstone for viberaphone solo; (4) Nightphantom
for marimba solo
- New Music for VIOLA for solo viola, duo, quartet & ensemble
- The Fireweed Collection pieces for harp solo & harp with ensemble
with small combinations of voice and other instruments
- NEW: Soundpoems
- The Star Cycle: pieces for solo instruments pieces which explore in sustained and
serious way the limits of the possible, for virtuoso NEW MUSIC specialists . . .
(1) Sirrah, for horn solo; (2) Bright Star I and II for trumpet solo;
(3) Ori, for oboe solo; (4) 4-page Sonata for piano solo; (5) m, for solo violin
(6) Cih—for flute solo; (7) Spica, for percussion solo; (8) m4, for cello solo:
(9) Regulus regulus, for piccolo solo; (10) Mira, for harp solo
(11) Mintaka,for percussion solo (7 drums); (12) m4, for bass clarinet
ESSAYS ON THE Philosophy of NEW MUSIC, performance practice,
composition, natural sound, etc., a selection...
Featured gallery, 100 MINIATURES, a set of 100 b & w photographs
with 100 sayings in prose, many concerning a new philosophy of Music & the Arts . . .
"ONE Image, One idea, ONE new way of looking"
| About Cliff Crego | for recordings, go to Circle/Square: Recordings |
| Other websites by Cliff Crego: picture-poems.com | The Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke | Dutch Poetry: *r2c* |
Look for new additions every month or so.
Created and maintained in the Wallowas, Northeast Oregon, USA.
(First posted: IV.4.1999; Last update I.3.2019
Questions regarding performance materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding commisioning of new pieces to email@example.com
You may also write Cliff directly at
Copyrigh © 1998 - 2019 Cliff Crego All Rights Reserved